Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Life Call/Life Alert Commericial 1989/ Print ad (current day)



The catch phrase from this commercial ad will forever be burned into my brain, "I've fallen, and I can't get up". This commercial was done in the late 80's, but I remember it like it was yesterday. When I first saw this commercial I laughed and now that I look at it again I still laugh. I know the subject matter is serious, but the way the old lady says, "I've fallen and I can't get up" always makes me laugh. After this commercial aired, every comedian had jokes centered around it; which made it hugely popular, but for the wrong reasons. The campaign was properly geared toward the elderly audience, but after everyone found such humor in the commercial, they stayed away from commercial ads. (As of 1999 Life Call is now Life Alert.) Now, other companies selling similar products don't show senior citizens looking so feeble that they are falling all over the place in TV ads. During the time after the commercial aired in 1989, Life Call had sold 350,000 systems as 0f 1991. There Revenue was a little slow since the commercial that aired for the company was seen as a joke.

This is a Print ad from the AARP Magazine for "Life Alert", which use to be "LifeCall".

No comments: