Monday, April 16, 2007

Michael Jordan Gatorade Commercial/ Print ad 2003



This has to be one of the best commercials in history. I was a huge Michael Jordan fan so, I have a special appreciation for it. In the commercial, a 40 year old Washington Wizard Jordan is playing a 22 year old Chicago Bulls Jordan. The best part is at the end when an even younger North Carolina Tar heels Jordan wants to take on the winner. This Gatorade commercial is geared toward the 24 and under male audience who play and are fans of basketball, specifically fans of Michael Jordan. I totally agree that this campaign appealed to the right audience. I couldn't actually find the revenue for Gatorade specifically, but I found the overall revenue of Pepsico, which is a part of Gatorade.
(The 2006 revenue was $35.137 billion, operating income $6.44 billion, and the net worth is $ 5.64 billion).

This is a print ad from the Gatorade commercial with them standing head to head.

No comments: