Tuesday, April 17, 2007

California Raisins Commercial (1987)/ Print ads



The California Raisins were one of the most groundbreaking and successful commercials in the 80s. They were these four raisins that were first introduced in a 1987 TV commercial singing Marvin Gaye's "I heard it through the Grapevine." I love these commercials so much because they remind me of my childhood. I was a huge California Raisin fan! This commercial, along with the books, movies, CD's, and television specials were all successfully aimed at children, but a few adults jumped on the bandwagon. During the years the California Raisins were popular, I am positive that the company made a substantial amount of money; after the commercials aired the California Raisins were in demand. I couldn't find actual figures of how much money was actually made.

After the commercials the California Raisins took off in many directions.
Movies: Meet the Raisins received an Emmy nomination, and Raisins Sold Out
CD's: Christmas with the California Raisins and California Raisins Sing the Hit Songs
Television: 1989- 1991 That California Raisin Show

This is a copy of a California Raisin magazine:


This is a copy of the ad for the CD:

No comments: